The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Calls and Gear forum   » Bill Martz, open invitation (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Author Topic: Bill Martz, open invitation
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted December 01, 2008 04:40 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
LOL Lenard. To be honest i like both calling brands. Each one is just a tool for me and they have there place.. Randy Roede took me out abunch of times calling and he used a WT and it was amazeing how he can work the coyotes with it, after that i was sold on the caller..
I've been down the same road as others buying crap that is not up to par and when i do find something thats worth useing i'm not affraid to stand behind it reguardless of what others may think.
Bill dose'nt need my help but every team should have a few cheerleaders. LOL [Razz]

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5064 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 01, 2008 05:04 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I never made it a personal attack Bill, you did.

I think that's correct, Turbo. Elsewhere, I don't know, but Wookie is asking legit questions. Perhaps none of his business, but he is asking in a more civil manor than Bill. My opinion, FWIW.

By the way, that is a fair question. What is the button punching sequence for three or four digit addresses?

Good hunting. LB

[ December 01, 2008, 05:06 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
JoeF
resides "back east"
Member # 228

Icon 1 posted December 01, 2008 05:18 PM      Profile for JoeF   Email JoeF         Edit/Delete Post 
As a matter of public record the FCC database is available and searchable.

https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/GenericSearch.cfm

WT's grantee code = nw6

(it shows 2 products, not 6)

Foxpro= c6m

minaska= tsn

See who has approvals for what.

Don't swallow Martz's lies.

Don't be swayed by Martz's Wikipedia engineers (?) that he has recruited to post.

Posts: 646 | From: Midwest | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
turboranger
Knows what it's all about
Member # 3349

Icon 1 posted December 01, 2008 06:12 PM      Profile for turboranger           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I never made it a personal attack Bill, you did.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think that's correct, Turbo. Elsewhere, I don't know, but Wookie is asking legit questions. Perhaps none of his business, but he is asking in a more civil manor than Bill. My opinion, FWIW.

Leonard I am not sure who drew first blood as that was before my time nor do I care. I do see lots of negative post on PM being made and of course Bill can't respond. I am not defending Bill as I know he is very capable and I don't want to blemish his sterling reputation. If someone ruffles his feathers you know whats coming. So the question is why do it? Answer: because people enjoy it. For me I personally don't feel the need to slam other callers as its kind of nice to know the one I have is top notch and if someone feels the same about theirs than thats great! [Wink]
Alright, as far as how my transmitter works if you want sound 100 hit the "on" button press 1-0-0 and "play".

Joe: Wikipedia Engineer? Thats very adroit of you but is there such an animal? [Cool]

Posts: 28 | From: NH and AZ | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
TundraWookie
Member # 1044

Icon 1 posted December 01, 2008 06:41 PM      Profile for TundraWookie           Edit/Delete Post 
turboranger,
Thank you for the reply, that's all I was looking for. So to play sound 10, you just push 1-0? Seems like it would be a very "touchy" remote if you make a mistake and type an accidental 0 after a number and then push play. Either way, thanks for the reply that's all I was looking for. If I've ruffled Martz's feathers, it's nothing that he hasn't deserved, trust me. Maybe when he comes here next year, he'll be nice and bring a housewarming gift (1 of a kind programmable KAS-2030 Arctic Model with FRS remote).. [Big Grin]

Posts: 857 | From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
turboranger
Member # 3349

Icon 1 posted December 01, 2008 06:55 PM      Profile for turboranger           Edit/Delete Post 
Peter that would be correct with the ten 1-0. Touchy? I haven't seen that... very simple? Absolutely. I do introduce user error do to a sudden brain fart from time to time but if you do its pretty easy to hit the stop button and start over. Someone once told me that its easier to entice a bear with honey than vinegar. I think there is some truth to that.

Martin

TundraWookie
Member # 1044

Icon 1 posted December 01, 2008 07:06 PM      Profile for TundraWookie           Edit/Delete Post 
turboranger,
Again, thanks for the sincere answer, that's all I was searching for. That's all I'm searching for in all my answers. If it offends somebody, get over it and move on, it's not that big of a deal. Would I like to have a new WT? Sure I would, it looks like a nice caller. Would I call Martz and "ask" if I could have one? No way, no how. If he sends me one out of feeling guilty for trying to keep one I sent in to trade for the 2030 model, that'd be fine, but no other way.

browning204
Member # 821

Icon 1 posted December 01, 2008 09:38 PM      Profile for browning204           Edit/Delete Post 
Turboranger, hey bud, hows it going?

Causing dust-ups over on PM with the WT subject is my area of expertise, I take pride in it but here you come making all the leg humpers (including mods) throw a tissy!

Could you At least ask before stepping on my territory? [Big Grin]

Funny how they think you are Bill, good thing they don't know about the Bill in outer space satellite that spies on their every move!!

Anyway, glad to see you around and posting, gotta be around for long? I still wanna take you up on that offer to hunt with you up your way. I don't get out much any more and that would be a treat!

Your caller or mine?

Posts: 167 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Bill Martz
Member # 378

Icon 1 posted December 02, 2008 01:11 AM      Profile for Bill Martz   Author's Homepage   Email Bill Martz         Edit/Delete Post 
JoeF said: "WT's grantee code = nw6 (it shows 2 products, not 6)

Answer: WT and it's associate companies have 8 FCC certifications for various transmitters.

Read the last statement above JoeF. See if your fragile mind can grasp it.

JoeF, This is one of the reasons I dislike stupid people. They read but only see what they want to see. That's one of the reasons as to why their personal lives are usually a disaster. I have all the time in the world for honest people but none for the ignorant. Next time you post make sure to engage brain before jumping to conclusions.

Peter Marvin: You are liar, traitor and a weasel rolled into one disgusting piece of humanity. But the good part is that you have to live with it knowing what the rest of the world thinks about you.

Bill Martz

--------------------
Bill Martz
www.wildlifetech.com

Posts: 96 | From: NH | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Bill Martz
Member # 378

Icon 1 posted December 02, 2008 01:14 AM      Profile for Bill Martz   Author's Homepage   Email Bill Martz         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Leonard

I hope you're having fun because you deserve to.

Bill Martz

--------------------
Bill Martz
www.wildlifetech.com

Bill Martz
Member # 378

Icon 1 posted December 02, 2008 03:00 AM      Profile for Bill Martz   Author's Homepage   Email Bill Martz         Edit/Delete Post 
For Scott F.

My apologies for the rude posts directed at you. It's been along time since I've posted and thought that you were actually Joe F.

Bill Martz

--------------------
Bill Martz
www.wildlifetech.com

TundraWookie
Member # 1044

Icon 1 posted December 02, 2008 07:38 AM      Profile for TundraWookie           Edit/Delete Post 
Bill,
It's obvious by your response that my questions are driving your crazy. You do not answer them and only revert back to your childish manners. If you can't answer these simple questions I've posted honestly, what makes you think you'll be able to answer some more in depth technical questions? Folks viewing from the sidelines, this here is the kind of customer service you'll get if you have to deal with this person. What kind of engineer are you again Bill?

CCP
Member # 913

Icon 1 posted December 02, 2008 06:50 PM      Profile for CCP   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Snowblower I believe there are maybe only 2 internet boards you have not posted your hatred Of Bill Martz. Your hatred has tainted your reviews to the point no one listens to you but gets annoyed by your post. I do not own a W.T. caller at this time but listening to you makes me want one. It reminds me of a woman. In the sense that usually the guy she hates the most is usually the one she loves the most but broke her heart. So I take it from your post the W.T. is a great caller but Bill broke your heart so now you have to bash him. Get over it Bill don’t love you so move on. Your expertise only means something to you.
I don’t post here much but do read here a lot I don’t always agree with Lenard but I do like that he lets people speak their minds in most cases as long as it kinda sorta in some way makes sense.

[ December 03, 2008, 11:17 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

Posts: 117 | From: SouthEastern united states | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
JoeF
resides "back east"
Member # 228

Icon 1 posted December 02, 2008 07:14 PM      Profile for JoeF   Email JoeF         Edit/Delete Post 
Scott F., I'm sure sorry that BM mistook you for me and focused unnecessary grief in your direction.

I normally ignore the BM's on the internet but kinda get drawn in when ole Sweet Papa Willy Dear crawls out and tries to discredit others.

Most of the time I think of the following song, and will now. Oughta be good for another 3-5 years....

Big Bad Bill (Is Sweet William Now)
Words & Music by Jack Yellen and Milton Ager, 1924
Recorded by Leon Redbone, 1978

D A7 D B7
In the town of Louie-ville
E7 Bm7-5 G G/F# E7
Lived a man they called Big Bad Bill;
A7 Em7 G A7 A7+5 D
I want to tell you, he sure was tough --
Cdim Em7 A7
He certainly did strut that stuff.
D A7 D B7
He had folks scared to death;
E7 Bm7-5 G G/F# E7
When he walked by they held their breath.
E7 Bm7-5 E7 Em7/9 Fdim A7
He was a fightin' man, sure e - nough.
G B7 E7
Now Bill took himself a wife,
G/B A7 G/B Cdim A7
Just to lead a dif'frent life.
D Em7 D A7 G Em7 A7 D G D A7
Big Bad Bill is Sweet William now;
D Em7 D A7 D Cdim A7
Married life has changed him somehow.
G G/F# Em7 Gdim
He's the man that they all used to fear
D F#7 B7
Now the people call him sweet Papa Willy Dear
E7 Bm7-5 B7 E7
Stronger than Samson, I declare,
A7 G/B A7 Em7 A7
Til a soft-skinned Delilah bobbed his hair.
D Em7 D A7 D Em7 A7 D G D A7
Big Bad Bill don't fight an - y - more;
D Em7 D A7 D F#7 B7
Wash - es dish - es and he mops up the floor.
G Em7 C#7
Used to spend his ev'nings lookin' for a fight;
D F#7 B7
Now he's got to see his momma ev'ry night.
G Em7 A7 Em7 A7 D
Big Bad Bill is Sweet William now.

Posts: 646 | From: Midwest | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
TOM64
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted December 02, 2008 07:43 PM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
I will say that I called WT today, while not quite ready to pull the trigger, I'm liking what I'm hearing about them. And the lady I spoke with took her time and answered every question I had, very refreshing. Even let me listen to sounds over the phone and looked up people near me who have their callers.

I also called foxpro and the customer service dude was ready to hang up the phone right after he answered my first question. I felt so rushed I had to call him back and ask more questions a second time, don't think I'll call a third.

Posts: 2283 | From: okieland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
TundraWookie
Member # 1044

Icon 1 posted December 02, 2008 08:01 PM      Profile for TundraWookie           Edit/Delete Post 
CCP,
Thanks for the information, I appreciate that deep insight into Love and life, I'll take it with a grain of salt. One side note that you might want to consider is that lots of people buy a product based on the type of customer service they'll receive after they purchase Brand X. If customers are chastened or cussed at for calling and asking questions, why would they want to deal with somebody like that? I don't have hate towards Martz or his product, it's a good caller (read that three times if you need to). I don't require Bill to think anything positive about me, but respect for another person is something else. Stooping to name calling and childish threats is something for elementary school kids I thought. Utilizing information from a purchase to plaster all over the net is another low ball tactic if you ask me. There are things I know about Martz that I wouldn't dare say on a public forum for the simple notion that he doesn't deserve it and I don't need to have that hanging over my head. I even regret calling Bill a "loser" in my prior posts. Bill if you're still reading this, Sorry about that, that was low down of me. Bill has and does make a good product. His sound library is excellent and he has sounds in it that nobody else has. CCP, if you decide to buy a WT because of my "hatred" go ahead, you'll get a good caller. If you notice, I ask a lot of questions and insinuate a lot of things by the questions I ask. Do I do this for a reason? Obviously I do, because I want to know the truth. I don't like reading things on a manufacturer's website and researching things on my own to find holes in the story. I want to know the truth about things, be it good or bad. I have many old WT's and enjoy collecting them for sounds and to just "have". I've helped many WT customers with their old WT's that typically were not comfortable dealing Bill. I cannot help that, they come to me for help, and I've helped them. Martz has my email address, home address, cell number and apparently my whole "life history", so there's no reason he can't get ahold of me privately if he wants to iron this out. I'm big enough to apologize if I'm wrong about anything I've said. Bill, if you're still bitter over the recording equipment, I'm sorry, I bought the same stuff and it's top of the line. Everything else that you've tried to pin on me is not true. If you want to iron it out, contact me privately, so we can quit this foolishness. There's more to learn here than what piece of electronics is going to call animals. I have a "dream" caller, but nobody makes it yet. Maybe we can all pool our cash together and get one built... [Smile]
I hope that I haven't offended anybody by this post. If I have, email me and we too can iron it out. I swear half of the forums on the web are just a bunch of bickering adults trying to prove something. I have nothing to prove. I want to learn more, kill more, and meet people who enjoy the same things that I do. I'm still young and fresh in this game, but want to gleam the info of all these veteran callers before it's all gone. Now if some of them would just come to Alaska on a day like today, when it's -30ºF, we could maybe get some serious hunting in.

Edited to add:
Tom64, I've had very good dealings with the lady at WT (Bill's wife) I believe. She's always been understanding and helpful.

Leonard,
Thanks for the site where you let the conversation roll along.

-Peter Marvin
snowcamoman@gmail.com

[ December 02, 2008, 08:11 PM: Message edited by: TundraWookie ]

Dan Carey
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted December 02, 2008 08:34 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
"I will say that I called WT today"

Good move Tom. I have a WT 2030 and highly recommend it. The new smaller units should be just as good.
I will also add, I give everyone a chance, I'll be ordering a Fury for a fair and balanced comparison.

Spelling has been checked by the fat man.

IP: Logged
turboranger
Member # 3349

Icon 1 posted December 02, 2008 08:51 PM      Profile for turboranger           Edit/Delete Post 
Guys I have found the most AWESOME hunting decoy on the web. The price of these is just right to send to "ahem" all of your favorite friends. Just attach it to tree and press its ear. Coyotes are going to be screaming into this one!!

-

TundraWookie
Member # 1044

Icon 1 posted December 02, 2008 08:55 PM      Profile for TundraWookie           Edit/Delete Post 
Now that Humphrey is one funny decoy. Now who has a Chihuahua Distress sounds???? Or maybe it's a Chihuahua estrus chirp that would work better [Roll Eyes]
turboranger
Member # 3349

Icon 1 posted December 02, 2008 09:16 PM      Profile for turboranger           Edit/Delete Post 
I just figured in light of the leg humping this could become a great new hunting accessory. It would be quintessential and could be included in the packaging of those brand spanking new callers coming out that can handle the decoys.

Disclaimer: This is just only a joke no disrespect meant.

Damn!! I put that up on the PM site and it didn't last more than 20 minutes!! Those boys are right on the ball over there.

[ December 02, 2008, 10:00 PM: Message edited by: turboranger ]

tlbradford
Rimfires are MAGIC on COYOTES! If you do your part
Member # 1232

Icon 1 posted December 02, 2008 10:17 PM      Profile for tlbradford   Email tlbradford         Edit/Delete Post 
So does this mean Smithers is going to be coming around again?

--------------------
"Dan Carey ain't that special" - LB

Posts: 423 | From: Spokane Valley, WA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted December 03, 2008 09:12 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Richard, how ya doin'? Question... If Gerald Stewart, Al Morris or Steve Criner posted pics of their hunts and extolled the virtues of the Preymaster or current JS or HS ecaller would you call them self promoting leg-humpers? Do you understand the obligations of "field-staff"?
Leonard, If I were truly your Mom, you would be standing in the corner now. [Smile]

So much for a "target-rich" environment.(those were his words, Bucko)

[ December 03, 2008, 11:25 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 03, 2008 10:02 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Listen, Higgins. I didn't ask for your opinion, but since you offered it, I will tell you something. I have one fucking rule here, don't piss me off.

If you don't like it, you can kiss my ass. LB

edit: Okay, I broke a cardinal rule in pruning several posts, in the interest of HARMONY. (no, not the pole dancer)

But, since "he" did what I asked, more or less, and I neither expected it, nor particularly cared if he did it, I suppose it's best to cut out the bullshit, understanding that on principle, I hate to do it.

Now, can we get back on topic? (I even hate to say that; because I have never said it before, on Huntmasters)

Good hunting. LB

PS Stand me in a corner, eh? Good luck with that. Oops, scratch that, pay no attention to the man behind the curtain

[ December 03, 2008, 11:40 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Q-Wagoner
FREE TRIAL MEMBERSHIP
Member # 33

Icon 1 posted December 03, 2008 02:12 PM      Profile for Q-Wagoner           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Don’t piss me off
That is my new favorite sig line. LOL Foxpro has GG and Minaska and has Scott. LOL

Scott you have a better chance of getting pregnant by Bill than ever getting your hands on one of his callers. You have out kicked your coverage “weekly” here on HM. I am surprised you have lasted this long?

The whole problem seams to revolve around your thinking that you do not get the respect that you deserve but for some reason you keep getting ran off of the porch. I can tell you one thing; drumming up Internet hunting competitions and making a personal add campaign out of every coyote you shoot ain’t the way to do it. LOL It irritates the hell out of people. Or maybe it is just me?

You seam to be a lot more impressed with your accomplishments than anyone else is. I know there are swarms of newbies on other sights that spend there days surfing for the next leg to hump. Having gotten a taste of it I am sure it is troubling that you don’t get the same reception here? Sorry, pro-staffer or not, a hand full of coyotes and an attitude doesn’t impress everyone.

I guess what bothers me is not that you represent Minaska it is that you come off to me like you are just as experienced as some of the best guys out there and you are not. Just look at how many years you have been doing it and how many states you have covered.

It is really the whole .com coyote hunter mentality. Got me and AR, an e-caller, some fancy camo and a decoy or two. Now with my new video camera I am going out to bust me some yotes, make a movie about it and be famous. LMAO Does that sound familiar?

Good hunting.

Q,

Posts: 617 | From: Nebraska | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 03, 2008 02:36 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
lol, Quinton. I never knew you were so adept at throwing gasoline on a fire.

He's still mouthing off in the padded room about me modifying a post. Mercy sakes alive! I admit it's highly unusual, but what about PM Inc.? I 'spose he never noticed such shameful behavior, before? And, I thought I was being kind by not identifying Mr Looney Tunes? Now, he's pissed about being personna non gratta? And, if I ever need a moderator, google, the job is (ALMOST) yours. Such dedication is rare to behold.

Ain't we a mess? Why can't we get this worked up against our real enemies? LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters