The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Calls and Gear forum   » Bill Martz, open invitation (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Author Topic: Bill Martz, open invitation
TundraWookie
Knows what it's all about
Member # 1044

Icon 1 posted November 27, 2008 12:41 PM      Profile for TundraWookie           Edit/Delete Post 
Bofire,
I'm snowcamoman from the other forums. I hope you're all having a great Thanksgiving. The riling up isn't all that I thought it would be though. [Big Grin]
Mike, get yourself one of those new remotes, you need one. See if you can get the old 2 minute Coyote sequence too while you're ordering too, it's probably got $200 worth of individual sounds on the thing. I've picked out about 5 individual "new" sounds that are now renamed to some estrus chirp or something like that. Piece (of Pie) out ya'll.

Posts: 857 | From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
browning204
Member # 821

Icon 1 posted November 27, 2008 07:16 PM      Profile for browning204           Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, just read on another site about WT's new caller coming out. It sounds like the one I already saw and heard a while ago!

If it is, it will be a cool little gadget for sure! I can't wait to see it on the web-page.

Come on Bill! I am trying to save money, not spend it.

Posts: 167 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
TundraWookie
Member # 1044

Icon 1 posted November 27, 2008 07:30 PM      Profile for TundraWookie           Edit/Delete Post 
It's about time that WT get on board with a programmable unit. They made them back in the 2001-2004 time-frame, but found out that people actually knew how to program the things and quit making them. Imagine tha..... the customers actually were able to think for themselves. By the sounds of it, these new WT's might actually be purchased at retail stores too. I wonder if I can call and get some customer service with my order of new WT? Maybe the new remote is using a FRS radio and gets the 1 plus mile range too like the old callers. Why is it that some have a great product, and then strip it down to an inferior unit while other companies are improving theirs? I hope you all enjoyed your Turkeys and stuffin'. I'm stuffed and working on another guy's WT at the moment, so you all take it easy.
browning204
Member # 821

Icon 1 posted November 27, 2008 07:53 PM      Profile for browning204           Edit/Delete Post 
I never saw no programmable unit so I know nothing about that.

Man, I can;t wait!!!!

TundraWookie
Member # 1044

Icon 1 posted November 27, 2008 08:13 PM      Profile for TundraWookie           Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe it's not a programmable. If it's sold at retail stores, how are people going to pick their sounds? Maybe there's a "canned" list that'll come on them and then you have to send it in to get more added. Mike, get over there and find out the entire story or call this turboranger guy who says he has seen one and ask him. You'd think that Martz would come on here and actually talk about a new product and it's features, rather than let somebody else start spouting off about it. Very strange form of advertising if you ask me.
browning204
Member # 821

Icon 1 posted November 28, 2008 06:05 AM      Profile for browning204           Edit/Delete Post 
I know of Turbo ranger. He bought a WT of my recomondation a while back, ever since he has been hooked. I saw his post on PM and I saw Craplosers comment " lurking since 06" Turbo ranger travels alot for work and has a very busy time with building a house here in NH and trying to see his son, thats why the "lurking" and not posting. No funny business going on about it, Turboranger loves his WT and is excited about the new line up.

Secondly Peter, I will not just show up looking for info, I don't feel comfortable doing that. As much as I do wanna know about the new products for my self, I have to wait like anyone else.

I did see a new product a while ago when I was there, the caller was just sitting there and I said hey whats that? He showed me, I compared its size to other callers and said, holy crap that is cool, when can I have one.

I know nothing about remotes or ranges or anything like that.

I have said this before, Bill has always been kind to me, answered my questions and showed me some of his crazy gear.

His wife makes a mean cup of coffee, and just LOVES my little girl when I take her over with me.

Other than that,we only talk when I call with a question or to tell him I will be over for sounds.

Edit: Why don't we just wait to see what the new caller has to offer. It could suprise you. We can speculate all we want but only Bill knows.

[ November 28, 2008, 06:13 AM: Message edited by: browning204 ]

TundraWookie
Member # 1044

Icon 1 posted November 28, 2008 08:36 AM      Profile for TundraWookie           Edit/Delete Post 
Mike,
No worries, I'm sure it'll all be available soon. It just seems awful strange doesn't it, that somebody starts trashing another companies advanced product just prior to their own release of an "older" technology product? If the new model has half the range of his old FRS unit, is programmable and has a decoy, it'd be an upgrade. If I'll be able to download sounds from their website and get some customer service on the thing too that'd be an another added bonus. I'll just sit tight on my trusty old 2010 models and multiple FRS board remotes from WT, in case they need more proof about abiding by FCC rules.

Dan Carey
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted November 28, 2008 10:10 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
"I'll just sit tight on my trusty old 2010 models and multiple FRS board remotes from WT, in case they need more proof about abiding by FCC rules."

I would too, it's by far the best caller you own!!

[ November 28, 2008, 10:11 AM: Message edited by: Dan Carey ]

IP: Logged
TundraWookie
Member # 1044

Icon 1 posted November 28, 2008 07:14 PM      Profile for TundraWookie           Edit/Delete Post 
Dan,
Now that right there is funny..
"I would too, it's by far the best caller you own!!"

They collect dust nowadays. Between them not initiating or simply locking up, they drive me crazy, especially fighting those cords. The cords get destroyed at -30ºF. I've had to replace two of my own years ago and several other guys from up here have had them "upgraded" by me. The best thing to do with those old WT's is to customize them into a setup like the Minaska UO in a pelican case. The Scorpion and UO get used quite a bit though. The only thing good about the old 2010's is the ability to get the sounds off of them without having to record them into my computer. If you want a good deal on one, let me know. It'd be an upgrade from that 2030 model [Cool]
Or if you really want a classic, you can buy my old MP3 WT. Just Joshin' ya, I can't sell that one, it has humor value to me.

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 30, 2008 11:08 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Amigo. (snocamo) I hate to do this because it proves that I have lurked occasionally on monster, just as I am guilty of occasionally following a link to PMS when curious about some bullshit.

Okay, anyway. I completely understood what you wrote about repairing callers, especially as it relates to insulation on wiring that fractures in extreme cold. Fortunately, there is some wire that is designed for cold climates and I know that a retrofit is needed (required, actually) for extreme conditions, like below -25º.

what the boys in the padded room want to know is the level of your experience? They claim that you have admitted to only one or possibly two coyotes killed, in your career? If so, the feeling is that your general statements about hunting predators and equipment, (like game callers, for instance) lacks credibility?

Whatever your career body count, there is no need to be embarassed. There is always somebody somewhere that has more, but that's not the most important thing, if you can back up your statements. I, (and other fair minded people) won't believe someone because he has 100 more kills than you have, based solely on that criteria. That seems obvious.

Care to comment?

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted November 30, 2008 12:26 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The only thing good about the old 2010's is the ability to get the sounds off of them without having to record them into my computer.
Is that why youre name maybe on the List and you have to fix them youreself?? [Razz] [Big Grin]

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5064 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted November 30, 2008 01:45 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
WT has updated their site and have 3 New models comeing out in Dec. Great!

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5064 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
TundraWookie
Member # 1044

Icon 1 posted November 30, 2008 03:32 PM      Profile for TundraWookie           Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard,
No problem asking me about hunting, I get out into the arctic as often as possible during the winter. Most of my hunting is within 200 miles of Fairbanks due to day hunting and hotel/motels up here in the wintertime being shut down. I don't kill a bunch of predators, which is the norm up here from all the people I've chatted with. I really don't know what an Alaskan "average" would be, so I have no gauge to measure against. I can't compare myself to California/Nevada/Texas guys because it looks like an infestation down there in some areas. Leonard, ask a couple of the "padded room" guys what an average interior Alaskan caller percentage might be??? No fly out trips either, that's out of my budget. In the past two weeks I'm two for two, if that means anything. Here's a response I had to possibly somebody in that "padded room" about kills.
http://www.finsandfur.net/forums/index.php?topic=4971.0

Who is in that "padded room" by the way? If you know skoal38, or if he's reading, maybe he'll grace us with his presence. He went off the radar after that post on FnF and I hope I didn't offend him. Anyways, I'm not a "senior" predator hunter, since I've only been at it for about 4-5 years now. I've called in a lot of Lynx, but cannot shoot them due to the very short season we have in our unit. If you would like, I can send you some photos, but I don't like posting them on the forums. I guess if my credibility in being able to judge a good e-caller is based on number of kills, one of those SouthWestern boys would have me beat in a good couple weeks. I'm an engineer by training and am able to pick apart any of the callers and see what makes them tick. We know that they'll all call animals, so it's not so much about effectiveness. I know everybody will cheer for their own Ford/Chevy though, so there's no stopping that. Anybody can look at speaker specs, file formats, DAC's..etc. and figure out what is the best on paper. I've fixed,customized, and tinkered with most of the manufacturers callers to fit my needs here in the cold. I've fixed up guys from Montana to Michigan with what I've found works. They too have been really happy with the changes I've done for their callers and it's helped them call more game they tell me. The major changes are to the WT's since the owner will not do what most customers request. Minaska and FoxPro however have built customized callers in whatever configuration somebody wants. I don't know what else I can say, but I'll keep at what I'm doing and everybody else can keep on with what they're doing. It's not the electronic callers that are the big problem from what I've seen, but rather a few people who have rubbed people the wrong way in the past. As you can tell, I have some serious animosity towards Bill Martz. What kind of owner of a company threatens somebody that they're going to "see" them when they're in town? Honestly, that right there should go to show anybody what kind of deranged person they're dealing with at WT. Martz still hasn't answered any of my questions I've posted, which is probably wise. Anytime somebody wants to come up and show me how it's done, is more than welcomed, seriously. I have a couple snow machines and plenty of cold weather gear. I'd love to see that magic bullet for the north country. Maybe I could be killing 10 to 20 dogs/cats a week if I did something different. Any suggestions? Please note the sheer number of trappers and traplines that run 24-7 up here as well.

TA17Rem,
I'm on the list because I purchased the same recording equipment that Martz uses and when other manufacturer's asked me what I was using, I told them. A couple of the big manufacturer's have my sounds in their libraries and apparently work for guys from some of the posts I've read and sounds that are working for them. Also, Martz would never customize one of his callers the way I want it. I'd probably get some lame excuse like "you don't know what you're taling about". That's been a couple years though and the WT's really do collect dust. I took one out the old MP3 player model this weekend for giggles and it still works. Sounds just as good as a 24bit model I'd wager. I checked out those new WT's. I don't see any mention of being able to program sounds. I sure hope they didn't make that mistake yet again. I'm not sure how WT claims their sounds win "hands down"? Maybe they need to get some of the FoxPro Mark II sounds and check them out. I did notice that they took down the old caller comparison chart and now simply have one showing what looks like a FoxPro FX and their 2030MS model. Funny how WT's remote simply has "more range". The range now goes from 200 to 1000 yards, that's over 400 yards more than the prior model. I sure hope that thing was re-certified with FCC. If the WT remote is using the same Linx RF chip, how in the world do they simply have "more range"? It's not from experience working with the Linx chips, FoxPro's been using and designing around the Linx RF for years. Maybe Martz can step in and explain that one for me. Maybe they're using a new RF chip or a FHSS or FRS instead. Like I said, if they use one of their "multiple" FRS licenses, I'll eat crow and apologize. I know this will probably make the Dan Carey's and browning204's mad, but it shouldn't. I'm not "leg humping" FoxPro, Minaska, Western Rivers, Kanati Tek, Johnny Stewart, Cass Creek, Power Dogg, Dennis Kirk. I just can't stand the owner of the other company they own callers from. A simple email from Martz with an apology would do and then maybe I'd give it up. Until then, I'll stand on what he's said to me and wait for the answers to my quesions (any of them). Are we still riling each other up????? [Big Grin]

JoeF
resides "back east"
Member # 228

Icon 1 posted November 30, 2008 04:13 PM      Profile for JoeF   Email JoeF         Edit/Delete Post 
Snowcammo = Tundra Wookie,,,,, Learning as we go along here.....

From a technical and hunting standpoint - a very fair evaluation. Thank you, snow!

I'm sure the Martz crowd is squalling, how could they possibly compete?

Posts: 646 | From: Midwest | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
browning204
Member # 821

Icon 1 posted November 30, 2008 04:59 PM      Profile for browning204           Edit/Delete Post 
www.wildlifetech.com/pages/product.html

They are finally here!

bet there will be alot of FP's for sale in the classified ads. all over the net!

rainshadow1
Member # 899

Icon 1 posted November 30, 2008 05:30 PM      Profile for rainshadow1   Author's Homepage   Email rainshadow1         Edit/Delete Post 
" " " Maybe I could be killing 10 to 20 dogs/cats a week if I did something different. Any suggestions? Please note the sheer number of trappers and traplines that run 24-7 up here as well. " " "

What kind of Coyote numbers do the Interior trappers bring in compared to, say... Wyoming, Peter? I'd say the numbers just aren't there. Like here where I live. Lemons - - - Lemonade. I have Cougars and some Bobbies. And you know exactly why I have a WT2030 hanging over my shoulder!

That little unit is cool as heck!

--------------------
- - Steve
RainShadow Game Calls & Custom Knives
Cougar E-Sound Library, Hand Calls, & Call-In Story Library.
www.rain-shadow.com

Posts: 152 | From: NW Washington | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
TundraWookie
Member # 1044

Icon 1 posted November 30, 2008 06:44 PM      Profile for TundraWookie           Edit/Delete Post 
rainshadow,
That's a great analogy to compare numbers. I have a few friends who run long traplines. They will usually pick up between 6 to 10 Yotes a year in Fox snares or wolf traps. The one guy is running several "loops" on his trapline that are over 30 miles. I don't know what a lower 48 trapper would get, that'd be interesting to hear their numbers. I know exactly why you have that 2030 Rainshadow, those are good ML sounds on that thing. I need to get in touch with you about a custom knife too. I'll email you what I'm searching for.

Krustyklimber
prefers the bunny hugger pronunciation: ky o tee
Member # 72

Icon 1 posted November 30, 2008 07:47 PM      Profile for Krustyklimber   Email Krustyklimber         Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard,

What kinda (coyote killing) qualifications does the guy need, to work on electronics?

It's not like he's building hand calls. [Razz]

Tundra Wookie,

That's a joke on me, not on you. [Wink]

I don't think understanding a game, and being good at it, are mutually exclusive.

I've only killed a few coyotes myself, but I'm more than qualified to make calls, and sounds with them.

Trappers have the opportunity to catch animals that couldn't be shot at, in some areas, and vice versa, so the numbers would belie the relevance of calling (especially around here).
Longlining (with conventional methods, if we could) in the wet part of the west, like where Steve and I live, would probably produce fifty coyotes for every one called and fired on, whereas crossing the mountains to the desert is likely to set it near even.

As it is we are limited to cage trapping for fur, so nobody ever catches a coyote.

Krusty  -

--------------------
Think about how stupid the average person is, then realize that half of them are stupider than that!

Posts: 1912 | From: Deep in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Dan Carey
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted November 30, 2008 07:49 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Well, they sure don't look like flashlights, but I like them anyway.
Bill Martz
Member # 378

Icon 1 posted December 01, 2008 07:06 AM      Profile for Bill Martz   Author's Homepage   Email Bill Martz         Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Boys

Sorry for not posting much but I am usually busy with other tasks. In this post I will set the record straight regarding Peter Marvin (snowcamo, tundra boogie, etc).

Peter Marvin is an ex customer of our company. He lives in Fairbanks, AK. As we have several hundred customers in Alaska, it became very easy for me to get info about places and people. Peter Marvin is a civil engineer not an electrical engineer. I don't know what school he got his degree from if any but I do know he works for the local government there. Another parasitic hack. If his education had any merit attached to it a government job would have been the last job to choose. But then again, if you don't have what it takes you settle for what you can get.

Peter is a diminutive, skinny, weasel of a man. This description comes from first hand accounts by people who know him. When he became a customer he called us often for advice on many subjects.

Strike 1:
Example: He wanted to know what equipment we use to record wildlife. I gave him the info he wanted along with much advice on how to use the equipment. He also seemed overly interested in our remote control technology. A few weeks later I discovered that FoxPro was now using the same recording equipment that we were. I wonder how they gained the info to figure that out by themselves?

Strike 2:
Also, at that time we were the only company in this industry to use frs technology intergrated into our products. Lo and behold, the same group morons sent one of our transmitters to the FCC because they misinterpeted our license requirements and thought they could damage our company. The FCC gave us a call to tell me that someone was trying to create a problem for us. The transmitter in question was perfectly legal.

Strike 3:
I also found out through customers that Peter Marvin was recording our sounds and passing them around.

Weasel (Peter Marvin), I did say I would visit you when I reach Fairbanks. This year I was in Nome and spent to much time there to visit you. This coming year I will be in Fairbanks and I will visit you. I know it will be hard to locate you as weasels have a lot of hiding places. But I will let it be known to you associates what type of person you are.

Lastly:
Do you think you have the right to ask any company for info regarding that companies operation? What a fool you are. Just a little man with no life. No wonder you spend all your waking hours on the internet as you have no where or nobody else to share it with.

For everybody:
WT and it's associate companies have 8 FCC certifications for various transmitters. According to Peter Marvin, If you incorporate a linx chip into your design you will only get the same tx range as anyone else that uses the same linx chip. That could be true for an engineer at your level of ability but that is not true for engineers of our ability.

Leonard:
I'am sorry about this but it had to be sorted out. I will not post about this again. now it's time to get back to the fun posts. I almost forgot to say hello to Rich.

Bill Martz

--------------------
Bill Martz
www.wildlifetech.com

Posts: 96 | From: NH | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Jrbhunter
PAYS ATTENsION TO deTAIL
Member # 459

Icon 1 posted December 01, 2008 08:31 AM      Profile for Jrbhunter   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Good to see you here Bill, your post are always a lot of fun! Watch the mail this week. [Wink]

This snowwoogie guy reminds me of Clever Gary!

Posts: 615 | From: Indiana | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
TundraWookie
Member # 1044

Icon 1 posted December 01, 2008 08:59 AM      Profile for TundraWookie           Edit/Delete Post 
Ah yes, there is the customer service orientated Martz that I haven't heard from in awhile. Bill, get the facts straight or don't come to the ball field to play. I'm neither a civil or electrical engineer, I'm a mechanical engineer. Also, I don't work for the "local" government up here. When you get that one figured out, let me know. What kind of engineer are you Bill? Your callers are outsourced to a German company. If you're so intelligent, why don't you do it all "in house" as you like to claim? Bill, do you really know what a "weasel" is? Is it a Mink, Muskrat or a Weasel? I'm just asking because you have that sound re-named on several of your customers callers? For a company that has all of their sounds correctly named, there are quite a few that are renamed.... call it what it is!!! Let's play ball now. Regarding Strike #1, yep, you told me what you used to record sounds and later on down the road I purchased the same type of equipment. Then when I was talking to other manufacturer's (not just FoxPro), I told them what I had. Does that really matter Bill? Honestly, if you think that a Sound Devices and Sennheiser is the secret wand, you need to get out more. Strike #2- Bill, who is it that sent in your FRS remote? It wasn't me, so you can get off your high horse if you want to lay that one on me. Either way, if you still have all of those licenses from FCC to use the FRS units, why not just make another one? You like to be on top of the game, so why not stay on top with a FRS? Strike #3- I record your sounds from my WT callers for my own use, not to dole out to others. Bill, any customer has the right to ask a manufacturer whatever they want. It's up to the person on the end of the line (that would be you) to answer or not. I cannot help it if you are not smart enough to keep your mouth shut. Do your 8 FCC licenses include those "multiple" FRS units? If so, then why are you still using that 418Mhz Linx chip? Maybe there's some "loophole" I'm still missing. Maybe with your genius like intelligence you could get one of those FRS licensed again. So Bill, what exactly are you coming to "visit" me for? It's surely not for some customer service on all of my WT's, I got that covered. Your childish tactics and resorting to name calling and insults should only go to show other people the type of person you are. To threaten somebody on a public forum just goes to show how foolish you really are. Nice new callers by the way Bill, are they programmable? If not, that just means more of your customers are going to call me and ask how to get their sounds off of the things.

Leonard,
Thanks for the great forum where even Martz is still allowed to post. I have my dose of humor for the day now.

Dan Carey
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted December 01, 2008 09:59 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
Bill, you crack me up! Great post, sorry subject!

[ December 01, 2008, 10:08 AM: Message edited by: Dan Carey ]

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 01, 2008 10:04 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the compliment, you "diminutive, skinny, weasel" [Smile] Bill has called me a knucklehead, in the past; I never got over it. sniff, sniff [Frown]

Good hunting. LB

edit: haha! Carey misspelled another word!

[ December 01, 2008, 10:05 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Dan Carey
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted December 01, 2008 10:10 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
"edit: haha! Carey misspelled another word!"

I was laughing so loud I couldn't see the screen.. [Smile]

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters