The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Predator forum   » Coyotes behead seals

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Coyotes behead seals
Semp
GOLD STAR MEMBER
Member # 3074

Icon 1 posted December 28, 2023 11:39 AM      Profile for Semp           Edit/Delete Post 
So they find a lot of dead seals lying on the beach with their heads torn off. After setting up a game camera they find it is coyotes doing what coyotes do. Kill stuff. I heard about it but didn't believe it till I read the article.

Coyotes kill seals

--------------------
Always remember: That court appointed psychiatrist is not your friend.

Posts: 406 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted December 28, 2023 04:55 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
Says video not released of coyote in the act. Have to ask, why are the coyotes just eating the heads? Not normal behavior for a coyote. Usually members of the weasel family eat just the heads and drink the blood. Hmmm.

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5062 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 28, 2023 06:48 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe it's like killing a pen of sheep? Or maybe they don't like the taste?

I had a Harbor seal when I was in high school. Diet was warm halibut smothered in milk. She would hiss at the dogs, displaying a mouth full of teeth that would envy a possum.

I found her abandoned on the rocks beneath the cliffs at Crystal Cove while spear fishing. Pretty well tame, right from the start.

Every morning, she would dive in at the deep end and leave a yellow cloud behind her. (extra chorine)
I would have friends over and they got a kick of swimming with her, she had this habit of barreling up to you or anybody and bumping you in the stomach! You never got used to it. When I went in the Army, I took her to Seal Beach, (of course) and released her. Never looked back!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31449 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters