The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Predator forum   » Coyote & a pointed stick !!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Coyote & a pointed stick !!!
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted December 30, 2022 07:13 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Coyote !!
Coyote with a bow !!
Coyote with an old classic recurve bow !!!!
Coyote with a Zwickey 4 blade Delta broadhead.
The blood trail was profuse & short.
Did the 'Happy Snoopy Dance' all the way back to the truck.
And now ....... It's time for the good whiskey.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7579 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 30, 2022 09:11 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
That's fucking awesome, Dude! Killing a called coyote with a bow and arrow must be 50 times harder than with a rifle.

Take a bow, ko ko!

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31459 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted December 30, 2022 11:15 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
well done grasshopper, you'll go far.

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5064 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
tedo
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4320

Icon 1 posted December 31, 2022 06:09 AM      Profile for tedo   Email tedo         Edit/Delete Post 
Amazing feat, what's next a atlatl?
Posts: 73 | From: S.E. Arizona | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted December 31, 2022 10:03 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I've actually played with one. The extreme movement involved makes it seem impossible to hunt with.
Plus, I never got very good with the thing.

I'll stick with the bow.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7579 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 31, 2022 12:35 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
The only application would be as they run away.

Besides, they are more suited for Mastodon and Buffalo, bigger target!

Good hunting. El Bee

PS raining since I got up, more white stuff heading east!

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Az-Hunter
Hi, I'm Vic WELCOME TO THE U.S. Free baloney sandwiches here
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted December 31, 2022 02:34 PM      Profile for Az-Hunter           Edit/Delete Post 
That's an impressive feat. To my mind,far more so than a long poke with a rifle....I bet your grinning big.
Posts: 1627 | From: 5 miles west of Tim | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 31, 2022 08:06 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
He is. He sent me the hero pic. Very healthy dog, too!

What do you suppose is harder to do, or more of a feat, coyote or bobcat? Both are very hard to do, the animal has to cooperate and takes a bit of luck besides the skill.

How far did he run, Richard?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted December 31, 2022 08:11 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
PS

Looks like we will close out the month with 411,000 page views. Down, but not out.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted December 31, 2022 09:20 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I'm still grinning.
This one makes a lifetime total of 7 coyotes with a bow over many years. I consider every one of them a trophy.

He went about 50 yards. Incredible considering the Zwickey 4 blade Delta broadhead I was using is about 1 1/8" wide by 3/4" bleeders. The facing shot hit the jugular, the bottom of the lungs and the arteries on the top of the heart. If anybody ever tells me that coyotes ain't tough, I'll laugh in their face.

Coyote or bobcat ??? I would have to give the nod to the bobcat, if for no other reason than I call in more coyotes than bobcats. Bobcats are in the words of the great Gerry Blair, "So dumb that their butts hurt" but I just don't get that many opportunities for them.

[ December 31, 2022, 09:22 PM: Message edited by: Kokopelli ]

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 31, 2022 10:20 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
A cat might just stare at you while you draw, but he can also jump the shaft, or so I've heard?

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: we had a man in Covina Varmint Callers name of Swede Swenson that had 21 archery coyotes, most from pretty desolate locations around Palm Springs called Whitewater. A virtual Maestro with a bow and most of there were pre compound bows invented. not only that, he was pretty casual about it?

[ December 31, 2022, 10:27 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted January 08, 2023 06:12 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
That's some fine shooting. Back when I threw sticks, I tried my damnedest to stick a coyote a half-dozen times, and those were just passing beneath my stand. Jumped the string every damned time. I can't imagine poking one on full alert from coming to a call. Whattya do? Aim two feet above him and catch him at the apex of the jump?

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted January 08, 2023 07:32 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I not only tune my bow for arrow flight, I spend some time with a decibel meter to get it as quiet as possible.

--------------------

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters