The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Predator forum   » Coyotes (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Coyotes
Az-Hunter
Hi, I'm Vic WELCOME TO THE U.S. Free baloney sandwiches here
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted May 06, 2020 09:50 AM      Profile for Az-Hunter           Edit/Delete Post 
This is the second lion Ive called right down in the mesquite and creosote brush, the rest have been in slightly higher elevations,cedar,oaks and pinion pine country, where our Coues deer live.
Posts: 1627 | From: 5 miles west of Tim | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 06, 2020 01:00 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, the two I saw daytime, one was in greasewood and a lava flow, and the other was in flats, stunted Nevada sage.

Ya just never know? But they could be anywhere. Remember that guy that killed a lion with a shotgun and you jacked him up about it? Then he couldn't deal with it and offed himself. As I recall, the terrain he showed in his photo was standard AZ desert.

I'll tell you one thing, and it's one of those best kept secrets. Bobcats love to hunt those high desert washes far from the foothills. And, you know my contention is that it's very difficult to cat a cat uphill, but they are very easy to coax downhill. Many cat traits are pretty much universal.

Anyway, what kind of dog are you talking about? Has he ever seen a lion before, or any cat? I have this bitch and she will turn one year old on the 16th of this month. Green as they come but she's beauty! One of her litter mates already won a puppy class show, but Tillie was the pick of the litter. She's gorgeous and I get many people asking what she is? They seem to know she's something, but you don't see many Blueticks around this town.

Really, that's what bugs me. Lots of French Bulldogs and Pugs and German shorthair and Labrador Retrievers, even English Bulldogs and German Shepards and French Poodles, Australian Shepards, but damned few born and bred American breeds, maybe a few Jack Russels. But people around here don't have any idea what a coonhound looks like.

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31449 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
TRnCO
FUTURE HALL OF FAMER
Member # 690

Icon 1 posted May 16, 2020 05:44 AM      Profile for TRnCO   Email TRnCO         Edit/Delete Post 
Man that would be cool to call a lion, especially if a guy was targeting a lion. A wolf would be high on my list too.
Hell, for me, I'm dang lucky to ever call in a bobcat around here. I finally called another one in just a couple of years ago. Wouldn't ya know it, bobcat season didn't open for another week, after I called this one in. I got lucky and had my camera in my pocket this time.
 - DSCN1425 (1) by Tim Richard, on Flickr

--------------------
Is it hunting season yet? I hate summer!

Posts: 996 | From: Elizabeth, CO | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters