The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Predator forum   » End of season pictures (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: End of season pictures
DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted April 20, 2017 09:42 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Here's a deer I killed this year...

-

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 20, 2017 09:48 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
That's a hell of a deer, Dave! Caliente?

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31459 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
DAA
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted April 20, 2017 09:49 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
And some live coyote pics for Scott. These are all older though.

-

-

-

-

-

-

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

DAA
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted April 20, 2017 09:52 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard, that's a Utah buck. Solo hunt back in October.

- DAA

--------------------

the bearhunter
HM PROSTAFF & MIDWEST REGIONAL GURU VOTED MOST HANDSOME MINNESOTAN
Member # 3552

Icon 10 posted April 20, 2017 02:38 PM      Profile for the bearhunter           Edit/Delete Post 
Aaron. stop into the cabin someday and i'll take a few beers from ya (grin).
my phone blew up and i lost all my contact numbers including yours. give me a shout someday i'ffn you still have my #

Posts: 1049 | From: minnifornia | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
the bearhunter
Member # 3552

Icon 10 posted April 20, 2017 02:39 PM      Profile for the bearhunter           Edit/Delete Post 
Aaron. stop into the cabin someday and i'll take a few beers from ya (grin).
my phone blew up and i lost all my contact numbers including yours. give me a shout someday i'ffn you still have my #

Wiley E
Knows what it's all about
Member # 108

Icon 1 posted April 20, 2017 05:05 PM      Profile for Wiley E   Email Wiley E         Edit/Delete Post 
Damn!! Incredible!

Thanks Dave!

~SH~

Posts: 853 | From: Kadoka, S.D | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
the bearhunter
Member # 3552

Icon 1 posted April 20, 2017 05:27 PM      Profile for the bearhunter           Edit/Delete Post 

[ April 20, 2017, 05:36 PM: Message edited by: the bearhunter ]

the bearhunter
Member # 3552

Icon 1 posted April 20, 2017 05:41 PM      Profile for the bearhunter           Edit/Delete Post 
Aaron. i do quite a bit of calling along the Red River. call from the MN side and get them to come across the ice from the ND side. its a pile of fun dumping them on the river.
took very few pics this year. the pike is 44# inches caught on lake of the woods on a tip up.

[URL=http://s429.photobucket.com/user/bucksnbears/media/biggie%202_zpstxtm8wr0.jpg.html]  - [/U RL]

[ April 20, 2017, 05:42 PM: Message edited by: the bearhunter ]

the bearhunter
Member # 3552

Icon 1 posted April 20, 2017 05:43 PM      Profile for the bearhunter           Edit/Delete Post 
can't get photos to post proper??

[ April 20, 2017, 05:45 PM: Message edited by: the bearhunter ]

the bearhunter
Member # 3552

Icon 13 posted April 20, 2017 05:52 PM      Profile for the bearhunter           Edit/Delete Post 
fuck photo bucket

[ April 20, 2017, 05:52 PM: Message edited by: the bearhunter ]

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 20, 2017 06:10 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
That's a hell of a nice Northern! I grew up in Minnesota and never caught one that big.

Good hunting. El Bee

PS welcome back!

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Wiley E
Member # 108

Icon 1 posted April 21, 2017 11:26 AM      Profile for Wiley E   Email Wiley E         Edit/Delete Post 
Dandy northern!

~SH~

Az-Hunter
Hi, I'm Vic WELCOME TO THE U.S. Free baloney sandwiches here
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted April 21, 2017 02:05 PM      Profile for Az-Hunter           Edit/Delete Post 
Ive never caught a pike. I hear what fine eating Walleye pike are, do the Northern pike fall in the same arena for table fare?
Posts: 1627 | From: 5 miles west of Tim | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 21, 2017 02:23 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
No, the Walleye are rated a lot higher but I never would turn down Northern. As far as I'm concerned, they are very good eating. My family used to soak them in salt water for a while then fry them in a batter like you would Bass.

As far as the name, "PIKE" I can hardly see the resemblance? Pickerel and Northerns and Muskies are all similar, like a Brown Trout looks a lot like a Rainbow.

Not so with the Walleye. No resemblance at all. Completely different habits. We caught Northerns trolling and casting spoons. For Walleyes, we pretty much targeted them at night with live minnows, shiners or chubs. And, deep.

But, the locals, given a chance, might turn up their nose at Northerns, if they have Walleye available. Kinda spoiled.

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: PS Lake of the Woods is right up on the Canadian border. Personally, I never fished that far north of Mille Ac or Leech Lake. A five pound Northern puts up a good fight, believe it.

[ April 21, 2017, 02:27 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

knockemdown
Our staff photo editing Guru, par excellence
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted April 22, 2017 05:19 AM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Dave's slob looks like a musky to me? Sure is a beauty!!!

As for walleye, I liken them to being a big azz perch. And they eat just as good, too...

Posts: 2202 | From: behind fascist lines | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 22, 2017 11:39 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Fred, I had to look close, to be sure but I'm pretty sure it's no muskelunge. It's a well fed Northern.

As far as the observation comparing walleye to perch. That's not an invalid observation but a true walleye affectionado would be greatly offended.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

tedo
Member # 4320

Icon 1 posted April 22, 2017 05:35 PM      Profile for tedo   Email tedo         Edit/Delete Post 
[URL]http://=http://http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p361/Tedo888/DSC00633_zpslknso40c.jpg]http://http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p361/Tedo888/DSC00633_zpslknso40c.jpg]=http:/ /http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p361/Tedo888/DSC00633_zpslknso40c.jpg]http://http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p361/Tedo888/DSC00633_zpslknso40c.jpg[/URL]

I can't help?

[ April 22, 2017, 06:44 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

Posts: 73 | From: S.E. Arizona | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged
tedo
Member # 4320

Icon 1 posted April 22, 2017 07:13 PM      Profile for tedo   Email tedo         Edit/Delete Post 
Just opened Photo Bucket account and first attempt to download photo. 0 for 1.
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 22, 2017 11:27 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Among the social media I do not participate in, including FaceBook, Twitter, and PhotoBucket.

Wish I could be more help, you have perked my curiosity, dying to see what you are trying to post for us. [Smile]

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: if only Fred was around, somewhere?

[ April 22, 2017, 11:28 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Wiley E
Member # 108

Icon 1 posted April 23, 2017 12:25 PM      Profile for Wiley E   Email Wiley E         Edit/Delete Post 
Az,

For the most part, what Leonard said.

Then again, taste is a personal preference. Some people really like catfish and bullheads. Also depends on how they are prepared.

All things being equal (preparation, etc.) most fisherman I know will take Walleye over Pike hands down. Perch and Crappie would run a close second.

If you have ever eaten Talapia (sp?), walleye are very similar.

The meat also looks different. Walleye, Perch, and Crappie all have lighter colored meat. Northern is more reddish and a heavier texture.

Between pheasant and walleye, eating is good in the Dakotas.

~SH~

Bryan J
Cap and Trade Weenie
Member # 106

Icon 1 posted April 24, 2017 08:04 PM      Profile for Bryan J   Email Bryan J         Edit/Delete Post 
For Tedo. As near as I could tell there was just one picture you wanted to put up?
 -

[ April 24, 2017, 09:39 PM: Message edited by: Bryan J ]

Posts: 599 | From: Utah | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Bryan J
Cap and Trade Weenie
Member # 106

Icon 1 posted April 24, 2017 09:38 PM      Profile for Bryan J   Email Bryan J         Edit/Delete Post 
Nice pictures all around. Thanks. A lot of work getting all those gathered up and put up. I have never faced any concern about running out of stretchers so I like to see lines of coyotes and barn pics of put up fur.

I have to wonder. how on earth that fish fit through that itty bitty hole, if tedo's 'cat broke the 30# mark (it seems to have the frame to do it?), and how DAA's pictures pop and mine seem flat. (I know part of it, and it has nothing to do with equipment.)

I hope the buyer treated aaron and TR well.

I had big plans this year but I let the weather be an excuse. Turned out to be a good decision, search and rescue was dispatched twice, one guy spent the night in a blizzard and the other was lucky enough to hitch a ride with Union Pacific. Both were very lucky and made the evening news.

I did get one killed shortly after I looked up from the remote to see her doing the bouncy side step thing.

This was last year. The boys didn't ever see it, and the shot took them by surprise.
 -

This was one that crossed the two track at a bad time. I would have missed this particular shot 9.5 times out of ten.

-

[ April 24, 2017, 09:59 PM: Message edited by: Bryan J ]

tedo
Member # 4320

Icon 1 posted April 24, 2017 09:52 PM      Profile for tedo   Email tedo         Edit/Delete Post 
Bryan J,

Thanks for putting photo up. Not sure what I did wrong when posting, new to Photo Bucket. I was able to post on another forum? I'll try again.

Bryan J
Cap and Trade Weenie
Member # 106

Icon 1 posted April 24, 2017 10:20 PM      Profile for Bryan J   Email Bryan J         Edit/Delete Post 
You are welcome. Photobucket puts a bunch of extra code when you copy the link that this board doesn't like for what ever reason. Maybe the same glitch that when you hit on certain words you get something like *****?

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters