The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Predator forum   » Coyotes are starting to rub (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Coyotes are starting to rub
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted March 06, 2017 06:07 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Okay, your buyer sees pink between the legs and doesn't want your hides because mange?

Nope. Not anymore. Won't sell to him anymore.

We just wrapped up our last outstanding problem call. Ended the season with 101 coyotes and two measly little bobcats. Of those coyotes, if I'd excluded the pink ones, I might have sold four.

Number 101 was a cool stand. Tried to get out one evening. Rancher told us where to drive to, where to park, where to set up. Told him we'd handle it. We walked in a half-mile and sat up covering both sides of a treeline. About ten minutes in, the pair that have been running his cows and heifers every morning and evening for the past five days is coming from the NW, yipping and yapping. K and I are all ready for them to come through the trees when they suddenly just shut up. Nothing shows. I stand up to get a better look and here comes the rancher in his flat bed, right through the middle of where those coyotes had last been heard. Wanted to know how we were doing, if we were having any luck. Grrrrrrr.

Two days later, I call K and have him contact the guy to tell him we'll be there at sun up and to stay the F out of there until we're done. He calls the guy and before he can say anything, the guy says tell me when you're coming out so I don't ruin your setup. LOL We're there Saturday morning. 6:43, I open with some puppy whines, then go into a meek, mewing rabbit distress. Coyote appears at 300+ at a dead run. Gets to about 120, +/-, and checks up looking right at me. He turns to his left to see why his lady friend isn't coming too, giving me a broadside target, so I dumped him. Dead center. Then, 100 angry cows came charging at him with their new calves in tow. Within seconds, my field of fire was full o' beef so I called it quits. K said the time from the first sound to the shot was less than two minutes. I love it when a plan comes together. Oh yeah, big male. Will see if the female leaves. Rancher hasn't seen her since we were there so maybe she scooted on out.

[ March 06, 2017, 06:09 PM: Message edited by: Cdog911 ]

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters