The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Predator forum   » Vocal's (Page 7)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Author Topic: Vocal's
DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted January 14, 2015 06:57 PM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Makes sense Jim. And it's something I can use.

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
knockemdown
Our staff photo editing Guru, par excellence
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted January 15, 2015 05:02 AM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah man.
When I mentioned sitting tight & "waiting them out" earlier, sure ain't just sitting there & twiddlin' my thumbs for an hour...

BTW, I don't think "NY woodlots" change anything. If terrain allows undetected movement, then move! Whether its a sage flat in Idaho, a river bottom in Oklahoma, sandhills in Nebraska, or a mesquite patch in West Texas, use whatever cover is available to improve your position.

Leonard, the guys I've learned "vocals" from have never hunted anywhere near here. But what I've learned collectively & applied here happens to work, with some minor modifications here & there. Just sayin' that what I do here likely isn't much different than what other proponents of "vocals" are doing, elsewhere...

Posts: 2202 | From: behind fascist lines | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
TOM64
Knows what it's all about
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted January 17, 2015 09:42 AM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
Well just a simple pair yip howl this morning brought in a pair.

It's that time again.

Posts: 2283 | From: okieland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
NVWalt
Member # 375

Icon 1 posted January 22, 2015 05:54 AM      Profile for NVWalt           Edit/Delete Post 
Got out the ol Herbs Howler the other day and my usual yip and lone howl is starting to work here also. Been awhile since I have drug that old caller out and find that "sure nuff, it still works as advertised."
I thought I forgot how to use it but like riding a bicycle it came right back to me lol.

--------------------
Idiocracy. Started as a comedy and is now a documentary about the U.S.

Posts: 621 | From: Tellico Plains, TN | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 22, 2015 12:13 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
My old partner gave me a Herb's Howler back in the stone age. Must have been at least 25 years ago? I still have it.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31299 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
NVWalt
Member # 375

Icon 1 posted January 24, 2015 07:27 AM      Profile for NVWalt           Edit/Delete Post 
Reading through this rather lengthy thread I see they did some "research" in Idaho. Was that done over in ARCO where they have the nuc reservation?
My cousin was in the sub service in the Navy and went to nuc school there. I spent a month there with him and we would just cross over the barbed wire onto the reservation and call. It was incredible calling but then again this was in 1968 and those coyotes there were dumb as a box of hammers and we did indeed call in and shot many a coyote there. Just curious if that was the place.
I really couldn't imagine being able to do that now in this day of age and surveillance.

--------------------
Idiocracy. Started as a comedy and is now a documentary about the U.S.

Posts: 621 | From: Tellico Plains, TN | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters