The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Politics forum   » Trump or DeSantis?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Trump or DeSantis?
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted November 10, 2022 12:23 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Who, at this point, do you think is the better option for '24? Trump, or Ron DeSantis? Gonna be a dog fight for sure.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted November 10, 2022 05:59 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
As much as I like President Trump, I think that after much behind the scenes maneuvering it will be Desantis with a Trump endorsement. I also think that a male / southern state candidate for President will be off-set by a female / northern state candidate for V.P. ....... Boubert (sp?) Palin of Tulsi.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7579 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 10, 2022 07:19 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Let's not get too radical. I think Trump can't keep his mouth shut. Too many people hate his guts, and while I would not want to be accused of being unappreciative for Trump's contribution, (hell, keeping Hillary out of the Whitehouse is reason enough to treasure Donald Trump forever!

But, a simple endorsement of De Santis would be all he needs to do, and then get out of the way. Let later people admire his contributions and enshrine him in the Repub. Hall of Fame. For now, enjoy life and stay out of politics, and I know he can't do that but it doesn't hurt to wish for it. He's done plenty to be remembered.

Good hunting. El Bee

edit:
PS have you seen Mrs De Santis? WOW! a total Babe!

[ November 10, 2022, 07:21 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31459 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted November 11, 2022 09:16 AM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
I've seen his wife. Babe!

People either love Trump or hate him and we cannot afford to see the moderate>conservative haters either sit the next one out or, God forbid, vote dem.

I love Trump's platform but hate his delivery. Rather see less provoking and talking and more actually doing on the red side. Republicans are far too invested in passively standing by waiting for the dems to sink their own boat when it's painfully clear that that ain't happening. DeSantis brings the true Republicans as well as the vast majority of moderate disgruntled libs, and independents because he represents the 90% on the right side of the normal distribution curve. Trump gives us MAGA republicans and provokes the non-MAGA people to vote against him when they otherwise might not have voted at all. Hate to say it, but he's damaged good, and partly responsible for the damage.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
DanS
Scorched Earth (AZ Sector)
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted November 11, 2022 10:04 AM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
I liked Trump for the most part but hated a lot of his picks like Barr, Sessions, ie. He also needed to fire Wray and several other traitors. Trump got a lot of bad advice, and sadly had to work in the confines of jerks like Pelosi, McConnell, Paul Ryan, among other UPS (Useless piece of $hit) politicians.

--------------------
futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis

Saepe Expertus, Semper Fidelis, Fratres Aeterni:
Often Tested, Always Faithful. Brothers Forever!

Posts: 1465 | From: flyover country | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted November 13, 2022 12:08 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Interesting comparison made on the radio Friday. A caller observed that both Trump and DeSantis have both accomplished a lot, but DeSantis didn't have all the bullshit coming at him like Trump did. Starts you wondering what might have been had the GOP in Congress actually been acting like Conservatives.

In the vein of "all politics are local", our county Republican Party group pulled some underhanded shit in this last cycle on the challenger candidate I helped to get elected. Maybe 200 people, at most in that group, and all of them moderate hypocrites. I've been approached by several asking me to join their ranks because of my track record in getting people elected. Actually told one that the only reason they want me is that I bring over 1,100 more local people with me from our covid opposition group and that if I did choose to join their little cabal, it would be to lead a hostile takeover of their group and reform their policy stances to be true conservatives in purpose rather than just name. That made her pupils dilate. We are quietly taking over, having already gotten our group members elected to school boards, city and county commission and the Kansas House. It's a marathon rather than a sprint.

--------------------

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters