The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Politics forum   » Is Civil War Inevitable?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is Civil War Inevitable?
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 2 posted January 01, 2020 11:35 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Here's an article that suggests that Red and Blue America cannot longer co-exist.

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2020/01/can_the_union_endure.html

edit: the second to last paragraph is especially rich:

Despite the aforementioned advantages we would retain, the last century has proven that the Left possesses an unfathomable capacity for atrocity, cruelty, and mass murder in the furtherance of its ideology. Progressives will burn this nation to the ground before letting anyone enjoy it free from their benevolence. They wouldn't hesitate to murder their own children on their altars, and would hesitate even less about murdering yours.

(I believe this) Liberals are just friggin' EVIL control freaks that must have their way.

[ January 01, 2020, 11:39 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31467 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted January 01, 2020 11:47 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I dunno ...........
Liberals have 'safe places'.
Everybody I know has a 'gun room'.
Would kind of seem like a one legged man in an ass kicking contest.
Would probably all come down to where the military stood.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7584 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 01, 2020 12:08 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't count on the military or law enforcement. They are trained and indoctrinated to enforce laws, it's pretty clear cut and they Liberals would have the lawyers and the law. I hate to say it, but we would be on our own. Just ponder for a minute exactly why somebody enters law enforcement? They don't think outside the box. This is why, in thinking about the shooting at the church in Texas, and if they had not passed the law to allow LICENSED people to carry concealed, and that hero took down the perp, law enforcement would arrest that hero for carrying concealed, against the law. It's all black and white.

Now, as far as I'm concerned, we are letting the tail wag the dog by insisting that ONLY LICENSED AUTHORIZED PEOPLE CAN CARRY CONCEALED. See, they dictate and make it difficult to protect the congregation. Personally, I feel just as qualified to protect a congregation even if I am not certified by some safety board. I've only been very familiar with all types of firearms my whole life but I'm not "Licenses and Certified" so, sorry, I'd be arrested for interfering. That's Liberal Logic for ya.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

DEL GUE
SECOND PLACE: Mad Bomber lookalike contest
Member # 1526

Icon 1 posted February 14, 2020 11:30 PM      Profile for DEL GUE   Email DEL GUE         Edit/Delete Post 
I have a carry concealed permit. I've had one since 1987 or 1988, whenever FL came out with it. And I've carried a lot, everything from a 6" 686 to a S & W 10mm to my current choices, a Glock 32 or a Shield 9mm. The prob we are running into is that after all these shooting deals a lot of stores are now posting signs at the front door saying no guns. The prob is that after so posting if you carry concealed in there and get caught at it you run the risk of an armed trespass charge, which is a felony.

Ref Texas, had the good guy had no permit, my inclination would be not to make an arrest, and instead do what is called a capias request in FL, which amounts to you filling out the form which is basically a request for an arrest warrant and sending it to the State Attorney's Office for them to look over the case and decide if they want to pursue it or not. That is how the cops down here get out of making an on-scene arrest if there are extenuating circumstances. And no State Attorney would want to pursue it in a case like that. If he did, he'd face a firestorm of blowback from the public. Two things come into play here. You do the capias request so you can say you did your job but you don't want to make on on-scene arrest for whatever reason. And second, it's MY report to write, and I can articulate it six ways from sundown to make the person either look like an absolute saint or Satan himself. Said such articulation also conveys strong message to State Attorney regarding what I think he should do in this matter. For instance, that church is private property, and mebbeso that pastor asked that gentleman to carry a weapon during service for the safety of the parishioners. It's not like he was out roaming the streets carrying. And given what happened, clearly the concerns of the pastor were well-founded, and the person clearly prevented a massacre, and the greater good he did overshadows any minor technical violation that the person may have committed. You get the drift.

I have generally not carried when going to church, except for one Sunday when my pastor requested me to come to both services ref a possible potential problem. But after all this nonsense with churches getting shot up, I may have to reconsider and start carrying if/when I go to church. That particular church where this happened, it looked like 7-8 people were armed! It almost looked like the old joke where a dude walks into a cop bar and tries to rob it.

Sidebar: back when they were talking about confiscating all of the assault rifles, going door to door or kicking doors, if necessary, I heard a goodly number of cops say that if it came to that, they would refuse those orders as they would consider them unlawful and unconstitutional. Some cops do think outside the box, and then there's some who don't even know what a friggin' box is. A lot of cops are shooters and/or hunters, just like the rest of us, and they don't want their guns taken, either.

I got a shirt the other day that says, "In 1775 they tried to take our guns. We shot them."

[ February 14, 2020, 11:42 PM: Message edited by: DEL GUE ]

--------------------
"I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart." - Bear Claw

Posts: 588 | From: FL | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
DEL GUE
Member # 1526

Icon 1 posted February 14, 2020 11:47 PM      Profile for DEL GUE   Email DEL GUE         Edit/Delete Post 
Ref your original premise, that civil war may be on the horizon, I have been concerned about that for a while. The political partisanship is becoming more extreme every day. There doesn't seem to be any middle ground, nor any desire to find any. It's party first, last, and always, and the country be damned. The country is also physically divided between the liberal coasts and the conservative heartland.

Things can't go on like this.

"A house divided against itself cannot stand."

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 15, 2020 08:37 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Excellent post, Del. (or whatever your name is?) [Smile]

I don't like to admit this, but I'm stuck in a Catch 22 situation. You can't get a license to cary in this state, but I do. See how I'm sticking my neck out for an arrest, and I've never even been sited for a parking ticket. Don't think I haven't thought about the problems should I ever be forced to action. I'm sure there would be a bunch of "Yeah, but" reasons to cuff me instead of the perp.

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: therefore, I "think" I'm strictly in it for self preservation, not as a hero defending the public at large.

[ February 15, 2020, 08:39 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

DEL GUE
Member # 1526

Icon 1 posted February 18, 2020 01:28 PM      Profile for DEL GUE   Email DEL GUE         Edit/Delete Post 
To revisit this matter, I believe that there is an amendment to the FL constitution that they are trying to get on the ballot for November that would outlaw 'assault rifles'. This poses a quandary for me, as I own an AR, an AK, and an SKS. The amendment would affect any weapon capable of holding 10 rounds or more. So a freakin' Ruger 10/22 would also be included here! Supposedly you could keep them if you went down and registered them all. I do not, and never have, supported or tolerated registration.

Last I heard the FL A.G. was opposing it saying it was too broad. (Ya think?!!)

If it goes on the ballot, and these idiots pass it, I gotta decide what I'm going to do... register, refuse to comply, or plan C, which is to load up, take them to another state, rent a storage facility, and put'em in there. I would select a storage facility in Montana, where I intend to move after my father passes.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 18, 2020 05:16 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
It's incredibly stupid when people that know nothing about firearms think they are capable of designing laws to regulate these guns. Same old story, a black rifle intimidates them, so outlaw them based on characteristics that are meaningless, like a pistol grip! Or a bayonet lug! i's almost childish, even the completely arbitrary magazine capacity. Why the hell should people that know nothing decide the number of rounds a magazine can hold? Who the hell picked 10 as the limit? Based on what?

You know, if the cops can have 30 round "clips" and there's a good reason for it, why should the average law abiding citizen be restricted to 10? Personally, I much prefer a 20 round magazine in an AR15. In a bunch of states, they have decided that a five round magazine is the limit for a hunting application. I have read people preaching that it's ludicrous to shoot a deer twenty times! This illustrates how they have no comprehension, that a 20 round magazine means that a hunter is likely to shoot a deer 20 times if he has 20 rounds in the "clip". They just don't get it!

Personally, I think a gun should have as many rounds in a magazine as the designer was able to squeeze in. Just take a 9mm I own. It's a Springfield Armory and I'm not even sure how many rounds the magazine holds but the one I have came with a 10 round magazine. That's the limit, in this state. But, if I could buy a magazine from Springfield Armory, they make them that holds about 15, but I can't buy it, or install one in my gun. It's stupid, but now the Liberals can sleep at night knowing that they have passed a law restricting my 9mm from holding more than 10 rounds. It's all bullshit.

All of these cosmetic laws are stupid. Thumbhole stock vertical fore-end grip, a flash suppresser, painted black! In this state, they have even outlawed the "bullet" magazine. I think now, we are supposed to fill the fixed magazine from the top, one at a time. All of these restrictions are designed to prevent me from hosing down every customer in McDonalds, without reloading. But, how do I deal with a gang assaulting my front door? I guess I need 4 AR15's if I need to kill 20 criminals beating my door in.

I'm sick of this shit!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters