The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Politics forum   » All you wanted to know about apocalypse

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: All you wanted to know about apocalypse
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 2 posted November 13, 2019 07:17 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
https://www.commentarymagazine.com/articles/the-religion-of-climatism/

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31375 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
NVWalt
Knows what it's all about
Member # 375

Icon 1 posted November 14, 2019 04:32 AM      Profile for NVWalt           Edit/Delete Post 
I guess I better get into a new church or cult or?
Better a climate freak than red . Just were do I sign up and send my tithings?
Like the song Cake' We are building a religion, we are making it bigger, we are widening the aisles and adding more chairs.

--------------------
Idiocracy. Started as a comedy and is now a documentary about the U.S.

Posts: 627 | From: Tellico Plains, TN | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 14, 2019 07:34 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
As far as I am concerned, the GLOBAL WARMING hysteria couldn't back up their claims, so they switched to a label that is much more difficult to pin down. After all, "global warming" means that you have to back it up with facts, at least once in a while, without fabrications and outright lying. The term, "climate change" is perfect! How can anybody deny that the climate could be changing? It's cyclical, like the dust bowl of Oklahoma in the twenties. We could call it a drought and not be accused of environmental activism.

For me, I can't believe that there are so many stupid people that think we can alter weather patterns by outlawing plastic straws? By their own calculations, they can say with a straight face that global temperatures will rise by .03 degrees by the year 2100. Never mind that that would be a good thing! It might extend the growing season in temperate zones, and cause a reduction in the consumption of fossil fuels and wood for heating.

This bullshit about New York City being underwater is a sick joke. They can't even explain the PAUSE! We only have 80 years left, and a 20 year "pause" is, by my calculation, 20% of the time limit? So, what do they do? They rave that we only have 12 years to change the climate of the entire globe. If everybody in the US pitches in, it doesn't matter that India and China are still dumping enormous amounts of C02 into the atmosphere.

There is no part of this subject that makes any sense whatsoever! It does qualify as a religion, based on blind faith. Personally, I don't understand it? I like to be positive and have a rosy outlook. But these people really scare me! They enjoy being miserable and fretting about something that "may" occur by 2100 when everybody will be dead and gone.

It wouldn't be so bad, if they were content to color within the lines, and advocate for members in their own group, like a religion, go to church on Sunday, etc. But instead, they need to impose their crank beliefs on everybody, in true Liberal fashion, all these proposals must be MANDATORY!

Millennials, we are told, are so concerned that they won't have children and a bunch of other "retro" stuff I can't remember? My favorite word for progressive bullshit: It's PATHETIC

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31375 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters