The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Politics forum   » Looks like a consensus, climate change is real!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Looks like a consensus, climate change is real!
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 13, 2019 11:40 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't go out on a limb or anything. Two thirds of birds will go extinct! So, why bother with proof because everybody says so!

https://www.audubon.org/news/new-audubon-science-two-thirds-north- american-birds-risk-extinction-due-climate

edit: at least they don't have to worry about being proved wrong. Just cry Chicken Little, the sky is falling and that .003 of a degree will for sure kill
TWO THIRDS OF ALL BIRDS IN NORTH AMERICA! Nothing hysterical in that claim, is there?

[ October 13, 2019, 11:49 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
TRnCO
FUTURE HALL OF FAMER
Member # 690

Icon 1 posted October 13, 2019 06:11 PM      Profile for TRnCO   Email TRnCO         Edit/Delete Post 
asteroid strike is more to worry about then a few degrees of warming. But it's hard to make people believe that they need to change their ways to avoid asteroid strikes.
A guy only needs to look around at the loons screaming the loudest about "having a small carbon footprint", as they are most often the ones leaving the largest carbon foot print.

--------------------
Is it hunting season yet? I hate summer!

Posts: 996 | From: Elizabeth, CO | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 13, 2019 07:05 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
You said a few degrees, and I'm sure you realize that their claim is considerably less than ONE DEGREE by the year 2100. This "claimed" change will wipe out two thirds of the birds in North America. And nobody stops to question this? The logic?

The public is gulping this Kool Aid and nobody has to back up outrageous claims. Why not claim 4/5ths of all the birds in the Western Hemisphere? Nobody will stop to think about the claim, so might as well fudge it a little more. Nobody questions authority. And, anybody can claim authority. We are all mindless sheep!

Let me put it another way: I do not believe it!

However, you have a good point about a stray asteroid. It's happened before!

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: PS by the way, if we lose some birds, it would most likely be due to loss of habitat, but I'm being honest and I am guessing.

[ October 13, 2019, 07:11 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters