The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Politics forum   » Pity the poor poor burros!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pity the poor poor burros!
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 2 posted August 25, 2019 07:55 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Here's the thing, for those of you that don't live out west. Burros are an invasive species, just like tumble weed. Nobody likes the worthless tumbleweed, native of Russia, by the way. And, nobody likes wild burros, either.

Except a certain activist type of female horse lover that thinks we need to preserve the wild west mustangs, another worthless species.

Burros and horses destroy grazing in the desert. They are very aggressive and guard waterholes and guzzlers from being used by native species, like pronghorn and bighorns, even jackrabbits and coyotes are chased off.

So, as with other animals that need control, like coyotes, burros and horses need control instead of what they have, which is total protection, for no good or logical reason.

Some old timers know the harm done by these animals and will take matters into their own hands. Personally, I am pretty much neutral on the issue, as far as killing them. But the worst solution is Federal protection and fines. Then they have roundups and adoptions, and spend lots of taxpayer money on a bunnyhugger project, ramming it down our throats!

End of rant

Good hunting. El Bee

https://www.heraldmailmedia.com/news/nation/more-than-wild-burros-slaughtered-in-the-southern-california-desert/article_146cb0db-762f-5432-895d-75b0c168a5e5.html

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31474 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
NVWalt
Does not claim to be overly bright!
Member # 375

Icon 1 posted August 25, 2019 01:36 PM      Profile for NVWalt           Edit/Delete Post 
They all need t be culled out. And I really hope the people or person that done that gets off or never gets caught. Otherwise he or she or them will be hung out to die because we all know that those worthless feral horses and burros lives are more valuable than yours or mine let alone any native species of animal.

--------------------
Support Communism and help destroy the United States of America ! VOTE DEMOCRAT. "In the end, they aren't coming after me. They are coming after you!" D.Trump

Posts: 640 | From: Tellico Plains, TN | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 26, 2019 06:06 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
It's symbolic. You have lived out there and understand the issue. Many others with a "drive by" understanding would think : "oh wow! Wanton slaughter!"

I know that area fairly well where the shooting occurred. Not usually a high concentration, something or someone must have attracted them?

They have a event in Bishop every year, forget what it's called, maybe Pioneer Days or something and it's probably going on right now around Labor Day?

Somebody rounds up a lot of burros and they are all over town, especially where the tourists passing through on US 395 can marvel at the wild west heritage.

If you ask me, a lost opportunity to score some free dog food. Actually, in terms of wasting a finely tuned handload on an unneeded and unwanted critter, I should admit that I might have done it just to say I did it, one time. However, they will never take me alive!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31474 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters