The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Politics forum   » Never Nike.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Never Nike.
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted July 03, 2019 11:19 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Never Nike.
'Nuff said.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7579 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 03, 2019 12:05 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I could have gone along with that, long ago. I think it was exposed years ago that Nike makes those shoes in third world, someplace like Malaysia or Indonesia or who knows, Viet Nam? And the plants are virtual slave labor conditions, children working 12 hour shifts, etc.?

Then, they give these size 18 clodhoppers to NBA stars and then every inner city kid wants Air Jorden's for way more than a hundred buck, and the clothes they wear on the street are a walking billboard for every sport apparel company, and at exorbitant prices. Nike, and the others create the demand and these kids on welfare are snapping them up or stealing them. I think it's fairly easy to try them on and put your old shoes back in the box, and walk out with the new sneakers, especially if your sister works at the store. And, this isn't considered theft, just an exchange.

So yeah, why not slap Nike with the same tariffs as what Trump slapped on China? Oh yeah, Lefties say it will increase the cost of the product. And that's a reason not to do it?

Good hunting. El Bee

[ July 03, 2019, 12:06 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31459 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 13 posted July 04, 2019 01:23 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
and now this: what idiot would spend $2,500 for a pair of sneakers? The same idiot that would buy a six pack of Billy Beer and save it to make a killing for their retirement. I guess? People are stupid!

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/victoriamarshall/2019/07/04/betsy-ross-flag-nike-sneakers-sell-for-more-than-2k-online-n2549478

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted July 04, 2019 03:19 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but according to some U.S. Flag Code, isn't clothing with the U.S. Flag on it technically illegal ????

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7579 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 05, 2019 07:36 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
How could it be when US forces have a patch sewed on their BDU's?

edit: but, I've heard it said before. Who knows?

[ July 05, 2019, 07:37 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters